Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sofrito


Since this is a basic ingredient in Puerto Rican cooking, I thought I'd post it so I can just link back to it later.

SOFRITO


1  whole garlic 
1  green pepper
1  bunch of cilantro
1  yellow onion

Take each and puree/blend in a blender with a small amount of water.  Pour into freezer ziploc bags in small amounts.  Use in rice, chicken/rice, stew, beans, corn beef hash, etc.

(my mom's note) I make larger quantities of this (4 of each vegetable) and this makes about 13 ziploc baggies full.


Since this is a basic ingredient in Puerto Rican cooking, I thought I'd post it so I can just link back to it later.

SOFRITO

1  whole garlic 
1  green pepper
1  bunch of cilantro
1  yellow onion

Take each and puree/blend in a blender with a small amount of water.  Pour into freezer ziploc bags in small amounts.  Use in rice, chicken/rice, stew, beans, corn beef hash, etc.

(my mom's note) I make larger quantities of this (4 of each vegetable) and this makes about 13 ziploc baggies full.

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment